The Account Executive role is responsible for meeting established territory sales and profitability objectives set by management. Timely and accurate administrative reporting and territory management is required. At all times the individual must act in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- Develop and achieve established sales objectives by selling paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Stay current on all industry product knowledge; keeping customers abreast of changes. Industry recognized technical expert supporting customers and growth in market.
- Provide ideas to Marketing and Promotional needs within assigned territory.
- Sell paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Execute regular customer visits to support sales objectives and customer requirements.
- Provide customer education to foster relationships with the company while promoting products, opening new avenues for product placement and/or channels
- Drive growth at strategic accounts by studying existing and potential sales.
- Prospect for new accounts, develop and drive new business development opportunities.
- Provide industry and product expertise to assigned customers to support their success.
- Utilize marketing personnel and support materials to generate incremental and new business opportunities. Promote Converting Solutions Team customer visits, support, and manufacturing assessments to target accounts.
- Submit timely Competitive Information Reports by gathering current information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and changes within the market.
- Utilize Microsoft CRM for contact management information, input sales calls and other important information.
Reporting, Analytical & Administrative Support
- Monitor customer profitability levels.
- Maximize volume and price opportunities within territory or segment.
- Manage customer mix and sales mix to maximize short and long-term profitability by delivering on objectives as coordinated with Director of Sales or Regional Manager.
- Support product improvement or new product development efforts led by the director of sales.
- Evaluates opportunities to increase utilization of under-utilized production assets.
- Gathers competitive market and pricing information, reporting it to management; makes recommendations for changes in handling territory strategies
- Work closely with sites on all customer and quality activities (i.e. complaints, market information requests, customer visits and communications).
- Participate on schedule sales and operational conference calls as needed.
- Work closely with customer service representatives to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Exercise responsible spending with regard to travel and entertainment to maintain budget.
- Utilize corporate travel to maximize travel expense value.
Supervise maintenance employees and activities including preventive and predictive maintenance of all site equipment.
- Develops work teams and improve individual performance by providing training and feedback.
- Assigns and directs daily activities of maintenance group.
- Instructs and leads crew in safe work practices in pursuit of zero injuries crew
- Provides information and training on OSHA rules and regulations and additional site procedures such as equipment guarding, burning/welding permits, lockout, safety harnesses, scaffolding and vessel entry.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance schedule to minimize downtime.
- Manages service contracts and contract labor projects.
- Works with planners to minimize schedule disruptions.
- Communicates with Production Dept. to identify equipment issues.