Click column header to sort
This role is responsible for providing HR support and consultation within our manufacturing operations. Acting as a liaison between departments and leadership, performs a variety of human resources responsibilities that may include recruiting, selection, and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and benefits. Under general direction, provides labor relations support. Identifies and participates in human resource policy and program development in partnership with senior consultants and other human resource staff.
- Is a contributing key member of the local HR team providing support for Human Resources activities for hourly and salaried employees at the site
- Functions as a business partner to superintendents, assistant superintendents and supervisors, providing subject matter advice and coaching as appropriate.
- Manages performance management and accountability systems for assigned hourly employees; coaches and supports operations leaders in addressing performance issues. Address performance issues promptly.
- Advises and assists operations leaders in implementing human resource programs, policies, and activities, such as recruitment and employment, training, communication, continuous improvement and work design.
- Participates in cross-functional teams responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives and policies.
- Supports the leadership and coaching culture throughout the mill; demonstrating behaviors consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment
- Acts as a day–to-day a resource and point of contact to management and employees on issues that arise by consistently interpreting, applying and administering company policies and labor contracts including timely resolution of employee complaints and grievances.
- Assists in conducting thorough investigations of grievances, other employee issues and contract compliance. Ensure consistency of disciplinary actions.
- Provides advice and assistance to managers on first and second step grievances. Briefs and participate with HR Manager in third step grievances and arbitrations.
- Tracks and maintains all relevant issues for grievance resolution.
- Supports the negotiations process by assisting in the company’s efforts to identify potential and resolve labor issues prior to the grievance process.
- Assists HR Leadership with development of training programs; leads and participates in the presentations across multiple audiences.
- Utilizes established talent acquisition process and tools to attract, retain and develop the diverse talent pipeline for the Mill, focused primarily on hourly roles and entry-level salaried roles, conducting internal and external recruitment as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientations and general on-boarding.
Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the development of department and division policies for hourly workforce.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes or implementation on policies, practices and procedures to all hourly employees.
Operational and Strategic Leadership & Partnership
- Collaborate with mill leadership team to ensure HR objectives and location strategic objectives are aligned with the division’s strategic and operational business objectives positioning the mill to deliver financial objectives and customer value through quality and service
- Provide leadership through understanding of key financial and operational business metrics and proactively monitoring shifting trends; collaborating with the operations team to remain competitive; develop countermeasures to respond to shifting production and operation demands and market conditions
- Ensure leadership culture and coaching for performance success is cascaded throughout the facility demonstrating behaviours consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment
- Change management leader with strong emphasis on operations and productivity improvements
- Serve as a member in collaboration with corporate staff, division team in functional and business projects in support of personal and organizational development
- Collaborate with and coach mill leadership team to develop and implement positive employee labor relations strategies consistent with Clearwater Paper Values; comply with legal requirements and promote positive employee relations
- Coordinate and monitor all compensation, benefit, talent systems and practices are applied consistently within corporate guidelines and in a firm fair consistent manner
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to business on employee/labor relations matters; coordinating legal activity with Corporate Legal and outside counsel
- Preserve union free settings provide subject matter advise and coaching to employees and managers as appropriate
- Collaborate with mill leadership team; champion employee engagement action plans in response to employee engagement survey; proactively develop and monitor employee engagement action plans and key indicators of employee engagement (i.e turnover, internal movement, overtime etc)
Talent & Organizational Development
- Collaborate with HR Leadership team by providing voice of field to assist with and identify priorities for human resources programs, policies and activities throughout the function fostering consistency with business strategies
- Lead the execution and operationalization of Talent Management programs within manufacturing site; proactively coach mill leadership team to assess and develop robust plans for Talent Acquisition and Talent Development plans for mill operations (Succession Planning, Individual Development Plans, Performance Managements, Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition)
- Coach direct reports execute Talent Management programs (performance accountabilities, individual development, career development)
- Actively engage with Talent Acquisition Partner and hiring managers to ensure KPIs for talent acquisition are meeting expectations of the organization; collaborates with TA Director/Partner on strategy to develop diverse talent pipelines for both short and medium term needs across the business.
- Develop and execute proactive partnerships within local, regional community to meet skill tradecrafts needs (maintenance, electricians, etc.)
- Coach mill leadership on execution of CLW annual compliance requirements; support national training (i.e. Competency, Interviewer); identify and develop location needs; collaborate with HRD for support
Customer Development & Advocacy
- Attend customer meetings as subject matter expert on company initiatives, strategic positioning, promotional effectiveness, funding support, and pricing negotiations.
- Account lead on strategic accounts determined by sales leadership team
- Expert in market dynamics, and in positioning Clearwater with current and potential customers in a way that creates mutual sustainable value.
- Engage customer stakeholders in a 2 up/2 out/2 down approach to insure Clearwater engagement protects and builds on value creation for future benefit.
- Contribute to the overall organizational knowledge of customer requirements in a way that is managed for success and cross-organization alignment.
- Proactively develops, supports and monitors the sales funnel for opportunities and risks mitigation requirements.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging accounts in conjunction with field reports. Provide a management level point of view for key customers. Builds and maintains strong customer relationships.
Consultative approach to Markets and Customers
- Act as the internal voice of the customer representing Clearwater customers to ensure awareness of strategies, objectives, and expectations.
- Develop productive relationships with marketing to share meaningful input with a management-level point of view and become a welcomed, respected partner.
- Work with product, category and market management to ensure market level strategic and tactical level business objectives aligned with retailers/accounts are met by team.
Sales Force Effectiveness & Cross Team Contributions
- Lead and support end-to-end sales process for CPD division including prospecting, RFQs, negotiating, on-boarding, forecasting, ROI promotional analysis, and account planning through Large Account Management Process (LAMP) engagement.
- Establish productive relationships with peers and strong internal company relationships built on integrity, support and respect.
· Sets objectives and goals cascaded and aligned to the site Integrated Business Plan (IBP)
· Lead TPM and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Coaches the business unit in the right behaviors.
· Ensures the business unit works to standards (Safety, Quality, …)
· Develops the required standards
· Coaches and facilitate losses elimination by using problem solving tools
· Assures the problems are solved (root cause) and tasks are implemented in a sustainable way
· Accountable for the business unit operational budget
· Defines and executes improvement projects and Approval For Capital Expenditure (AFCE) needs to support midterm plans
· Owns the Daily Operating Revenue (DOR)/Weekly Operating Revenue (WOR)
· Ensures effective communication and results review through the meeting sequence (Shift Hand Off [SHO], DOR, WOR)
· Responsible for day to day area safety and assist with all area safety efforts.
· Participate or review all safety incidents and investigate root cause. Assure follow-up items are completed in a timely manner.
· Help support all safety programs and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
· Lead safety initiatives and provide safety training to ensure safe work practices are followed and enforced.
· Work to eliminate employee interactions with equipment.
· Address safety concerns with a strong urgency.
· Ensure environmental compliance.
· Maintain and improve quality standards for all products produced.
· Lead quality initiatives and supports change to ensure satisfied downstream customers.
· Follow up with the rejected/obsolete product to ensure timely disposition.
· Mentor Team Leaders to ensure quality leadership of hourly personnel.
· Provide leadership coverage during the Superintendent’s absence.
· Conduct investigations of safety incidents with Team Leaders and hourly personnel.
· Develop team in areas of production, safety, quality and overall plant efficiency.
· Ensure employee compliance with schedules, policies and procedures.
· Assist in developing and implementing job-specific training program, Qual-card and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
· Support capital budget process.
· Creates an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team work
· Communication of Site IBP and cascading objectives and priorities into the business unit
· Responsible for performance management process (DRIVE performance and coaching 1:1)
· Coaches and develop team members and individuals to assure a sustained leadership pipeline
· Responsible for the motivation and morale of the business unit to achieve the expected goals
· Collaborates with other areas internal and external to the site
Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities, performing month end closing tasks, assisting in the maintenance of complete and accurate general ledger accounts and preparing, reviewing and analysing financial and accounting reports and information.
Month End Closing
- Responsible for the proper accounting and month-end closing of specific sections of the general ledger.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Participate in the monthly financial statement close.
- Prepare and post journal entries in compliance with GAAP. Prepare supporting documentation and reconciliations for journal entries.
- Calculate and post monthly accruals and deferrals.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level accounting staff.
- Responsible for developing queries, creating reports and performing analyses and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Perform assigned financial reporting tasks in a timely manner as required per financial reporting deadlines.
Controls and Procedures
- Provide information and documentation as requested by the internal and external auditors in a timely manner. This includes detailed account reconciliations and communicating the nature of transactions that have been entered into certain general ledger accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to validate accuracy of financial information and maintain accurate work papers.
- Review and maintain historical data in accordance with corporate record retention policy.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley procedures and assist in ensuring an effective system of internal controls.
- Communicate professionally and work proactively with outside agencies, i.e. the Census Bureau and unclaimed property agencies, to provide all necessary information in an accurate and timely manner.
Audit Leadership, Execution and Reporting
- Plan, develop and execute audit plans aligned with Institute of Internal Audit Standards in all aspects of a manufacturing and commercially focused business inclusive of enabling functions (IT, HR, Finance, Procurement, etc.)
- Lead development and communication of audit plans, audit findings, management action plans, and monitoring activities to the Audit Committee and internal business partners
- Report on routine financial controls testing – SOX (Quarterly, Semi Annual, Annual) to CEO, CFO
- Coordinate and manage critical partnerships (i.e. external audit firms) in support of external audit requirements
- Maintain current education and awareness of evolving external factors impacting operational, financial, and technology reporting and control measures
- Coach and develop team of internal auditors; support ongoing professional development consistent with Clearwater Paper values; promote positive employee relations
- Communicate requirements (budget, resources, etc.) to CEO & CFO as well as BOD Audit Committee
- Allocate resources, assigning and reviewing audit team’s work for standard conformance, budget, time schedules and commitments
- Recommend, lead and support process improvements and collaborate with internal departments to bring about solutions that are operationally sustainable to ensure strong internal controls
- Lead team in coordination with independent auditors to minimize external spend while achieving audit requirements
- Collaborate companywide to train and inform functional and operational leaders at all levels in business risks and offer suggestions to mitigate risk
Directs the production operation and manages the most difficult problems involving the manufacturing process; ensuring the manufacture of products in planned quantities, at budgeted cost, and at desired quality.
- Responsible for safety performance, managing safety programs that include annual training, scheduled safety meetings, safe job performance by employees, detailing with job performance issues as they arise.
- Develops safety SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) and Guidelines.
- Manages the department to ensure that production budgets are met or exceeded.
- Manages and develops employees’ performance while growing employee competence through training.
- Determines corrective action for production problems.
- Ensures adequate raw material supplies are maintained for continued production.
- Leads crews to improve processes by identifying and eliminating non value added activities (waste).
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes to policies and procedures (as a result of kaizens or other CI opportunities) to employees.
- Lead end to end production optimization, including sales and operations planning (S&OP), scheduling, inventory, and material flow
- Lead partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities to drive productivity and customer satisfaction metrics
- Deliver against financial and customer service objectives to position Clearwater Paper as a preferred, low cost supplier to a broad range of retail customers
- Establish, define, and implement key metrics in support of driving operational performance and customer service
- Develop and drive long range supply and demand planning, ensure a strong linkage with long term strategic plan for the business
- Serve as a key member of the consumer products division leadership team, build strong cross functional relationships, collaborate on achieving overall divisional goals, objectives, and budgets
- Develop team through execution of performance management programs (goals and objectives, individual development, and career development)
Business Planning and Coordination
- Drive short and long term planning/scheduling decisions to effectively balance available supply and demand
- Collaborate with sales and manufacturing to ensure efficient and effective SKU production line assignment, optimize SKU management, and RFQ processes
- Provide insights on available capacity, manufacturing capability, and demand
- Develop manufacturing models and corresponding inventory strategies that deliver against customer service and operational cost targets
- Proactively drive cost optimization projects in sourcing, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and network optimization on an ongoing basis
- Actively participate with sales and manufacturing in both the product development process and long term capacity investment process to ensure alignment with capabilities, customer and market requirements to meet expected growth and deliver overall financial objectives
- Develop and manage metrics designed to improve performance: capacity utilization, customer service, inventory health, schedule attainment and adherence, change over performance, warehouse space, transportation etc.
- Drive coordination with IT to fully optimize and deploy ERP and supply chain planning tools ensuring division wide utilization to deliver accurate and timely business performance analytics
- Establish and define key customer service/satisfaction metrics in collaboration with planning and sales; lead development, deployment, and performance monitoring to position Clearwater Paper as a preferred supplier to a broad retail customer base
- Proactively recognize, escalate, manage, recommend and deploy countermeasures to mitigate risks and bottlenecks resulting in financial (service fines) and other (poor customer satisfaction scores) customer costs associated with service and delivery performance
- Develop (in collaboration with planning, sales, and manufacturing) proactive action plans to support achievement against monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and volume forecasts, customer priorities, and P&L expectations
- Develop team through execution of performance management programs (goals and objectives, individual development, and career development)
Customer Advocacy & Relationship
- Develop and deploy programs and processes balancing customer inquiries, complaints, and service level expectations across diverse customer base; develop segmentation and issue escalation/resolution for strategic accounts
- Integrate and consistently monitor customer service/satisfaction issue resolution metrics, recognizing opportunities to drive revenue and P&L results; balancing financial impact with customer service/satisfaction implications
- Lead and communicate customer segmentation based on sales strategies, cost to service, network optimization, and SKU optimization
- Establish self and team as customer advocate through proactive consistent communication, issue identification, timely resolution with proactive feedback
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Establish and define balanced philosophy as a customer advocate and business partner through collaboration with sales, manufacturing, planning, and finance to drive overall productivity and profitability
- Coordinate with IT and planning to develop and manage systems, tools, and processes to identify and capture customer issues, identify bottleneck trends, and develop timely countermeasures to sustain target customer service levels
*This is not a call center position*
- Lead the execution and operationalization of Talent Management programs; proactively coach leadership teams to assess and develop robust plans for Talent Acquisition and Development plans for business and functional leadership.
- Actively engage with Talent Acquisition Partners and hiring managers to ensure KPIs for talent acquisition are meeting expectations of the organization; collaborates with Talent Acquisition Director/Partners on strategy to develop diverse talent pipelines are aligned with business strategy to meet both short and medium term needs across the organization.
- Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of the business, trends and needs; benchmarking internal and external environment to improve HR initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Lead the enterprise journey to increase overall leadership capability (i.e. Competencies); Develop and deploy organization development programs from early/emerging talent through executive development to accelerate organization leadership capabilities.
- Develop and deploy nationwide programs, processes and training to accelerate a performance driven culture (i.e. Annual Performance Reviews, Goal Setting and Cascading)
- Lead nationwide Employee Engagement Survey process from vendor selection to deployment to result reporting and action planning.
- Develop, align, communicate, and drive adherence to the Company's Human Resources policies, processes and procedures.
CORPORATE STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNER
- Strategic partner to corporate leaders and respective teams inclusive of: Finance, Information Technology, Purchasing, Legal, and Human Resources, to deliver business objectives by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Ensure leadership culture and coaching for performance success is cascaded throughout the business; demonstrating behaviors consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment.
- Provide leadership through understanding of key financial, operational business metrics and monitoring shifting trends to remain competitive within industry; develop countermeasures to respond to shifting market conditions.
- Change management leader with strong emphasis on functional processes and productivity improvements.
- Exercise courage and versatility through coaching opportunities with senior executives and provide guidance in how they can be most effective in their role and within the organization.
- Act as key leader in collaboration with corporate staff in any reorganization, workforce reduction, acquisition or divestiture.
- Manage office services for the Spokane and corporate teams.
- Develop and achieve established sales objectives by selling paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Stay current on all industry product knowledge; keeping customers abreast of changes. Industry recognized technical expert supporting customers and growth in market.
- Provide ideas to Marketing and Promotional needs within assigned territory.
- Sell paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Execute regular customer visits to support sales objectives and customer requirements.
- Provide customer education to foster relationships with the company while promoting products, opening new avenues for product placement and/or channels
- Drive growth at strategic accounts by studying existing and potential sales.
- Prospect for new accounts, develop and drive new business development opportunities.
- Provide industry and product expertise to assigned customers to support their success.
- Utilize marketing personnel and support materials to generate incremental and new business opportunities. Promote Converting Solutions Team customer visits, support, and manufacturing assessments to target accounts.
- Submit timely Competitive Information Reports by gathering current information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and changes within the market.
- Utilize Microsoft CRM for contact management information, input sales calls and other important information.
Reporting, Analytical & Administrative Support
- Monitor customer profitability levels.
- Maximize volume and price opportunities within territory or segment.
- Manage customer mix and sales mix to maximize short and long-term profitability by delivering on objectives as coordinated with Director of Sales or Regional Manager.
- Support product improvement or new product development efforts led by the director of sales.
- Evaluates opportunities to increase utilization of under-utilized production assets.
- Gathers competitive market and pricing information, reporting it to management; makes recommendations for changes in handling territory strategies
- Work closely with sites on all customer and quality activities (i.e. complaints, market information requests, customer visits and communications).
- Participate on schedule sales and operational conference calls as needed.
- Work closely with customer service representatives to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Exercise responsible spending with regard to travel and entertainment to maintain budget.
- Utilize corporate travel to maximize travel expense value.
Coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly production employees to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining safety and quality.
- Provide information and training for crew on all equipment and processes in area of responsibility.
- Maintain personnel records and execute performance evaluations on employees.
- Assess the needs of the crew and implement developmental processes (e.g., coaching, counselling, taking corrective action, mentoring, etc.) to continuously improve their performance.
- Lead crew meetings and implement action items for improvement.
- Lead crew in Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Assign tasks and follow up with crew when necessary to ensure that work is completed on schedule.
- Identify and correct any potential problems (troubleshooting) and take appropriate action necessary to prevent serious equipment failure.
- Plan effective use of available resources and assist in the development of process, design and operational improvements.
- Identify possible cost savings in all areas of operation.
- Assure quality of production.
- Instruct and lead crew in safe work practices in pursuit of zero injuries.
- Provide information and training on Occupational Safety Health Association rules and regulations and additional site procedures.
- Verify that all safety and environmental recordkeeping is completed in a timely manner and maintained.
- Maintain a clean and kept work environment conducive to safe work habits and encourage employee accountability.
Clearwater Paper is seeking an experienced Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer to plan, organize, and deliver technical solutions. Responsibilities of this position include developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data and telecommunications systems. The ideal candidate will have project management experience and excel in execution.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations, including process improvement and security features; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware
- Coordinate and collaborate with infrastructure engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of network resources to meet business demands
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-en integrated systems
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments
- Recommend and execute modifications to LAN and WAN infrastructure in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate with fellow technologist and IT senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans
- Ensure new and existing IT projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans
- Negotiate and approve purchases of Network hardware in support of procurement and development efforts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts
- Ensure proper performance of local and wide area networks
- Plan and direct implementation of network equipment upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Review and sign-off on all infrastructure and systems performance tests. Set direction for improvement
- Review test system performance statistics and reports; initiate corrective action as needed
- Provide technical consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Intelligence, Business Alignment, Development, and PMO groups.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
- Assist with network and video hardware configuration and installation as required
- Assist with telephony support as required