Click column header to sort
Directs the production operation and manages the most difficult problems involving the manufacturing process; ensuring the manufacture of products in planned quantities, at budgeted cost, and at desired quality.
- Responsible for safety performance, managing safety programs that include annual training, scheduled safety meetings, safe job performance by employees, detailing with job performance issues as they arise.
- Develops safety SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) and Guidelines.
- Manages the department to ensure that production budgets are met or exceeded.
- Manages and develops employees’ performance while growing employee competence through training.
- Determines corrective action for production problems.
- Ensures adequate raw material supplies are maintained for continued production.
- Leads crews to improve processes by identifying and eliminating non value added activities (waste).
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes to policies and procedures (as a result of kaizens or other CI opportunities) to employees.
As a Process Engineer I, you will develop real-time optimization and control strategies for 2 bath tissue converting lines.
- Develops working knowledge of all process areas for Business Unit including process flow, operator responsibility, major quality attributes, and areas for improvement.
- Recommends and implements process improvements to improve the overall operation efficiency, yield, and production of the Business Unit.
- Conducts and documents results of process trials to improve productivity and/or quality. Assists or conducts product development trials as necessary, working with corporate product development team.
- Daily work implementing various aspects of TPM (Total Productive Manufacturing), including Center Lines (CL), Clean-Inspect-Lubrication (CIL) routes, and 5S.
- Leads root cause analysis efforts based on problems identified in Daily Operating Review (DOR) meetings.
- Maintains tracking of KPI (Key Performance Indicator) charts for the Business Unit.
Provide planning and financial analytic support. Influence business decisions via a variety of financial, economic, and statistical analyses. Analyze and interpret company and industry trends and financial information, including sales metrics, cost metrics, rates of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
- Provide support and analytics as required. Analytics could include but are not limited to sales: price, volume mix, cost: price, volume, usage, capital investment returns and payback, supply chain related analytics, variable, fixed, last increment costs analytics, production or supply chain impact analytics, etc.
- Reporting could include but are not limited to:
- P&L and Balance Sheet actual performance versus budget and forecasts
- Standard costing, profitability, scorecards, mill or business KPI’s
- Trend reporting and analysis on key data
- Provide support to the strategic business planning process
- Provide support and lead certain aspects of the budgeting process
- Assist and support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasts related to revenue, operating costs, freight, and other supply chain costs
- Review daily schedule reports to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Manage day-to-day operations to achieve production goals by implementing process improvements to optimize productions and reduce downtime.
- Lead the shift supervisors with management coverage of the department.
- Lead the processes while involving all departments for support.
- Responsible for day to day area safety and assist with all area safety efforts.
- Participate or review all safety incidents and investigate root cause. Assure follow-up items are completed in a timely manner.
- Help support the behavioral safety program (where applicable) and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Lead safety initiatives and provide safety training to ensure safe work practices are followed and enforced.
- Mentor shift supervisors to ensure quality leadership of hourly personnel.
- Conduct investigations of safety incidents with shift supervisors and hourly personnel.
- Develop team in areas of production, safety, quality and overall plant efficiency.
- Lead day to day department operations for optimized liquor management to ensure maximum pulp production
- Manage day to day department operation for consistent steam supply to all customers.
- Lead day to day operations for consistent utilities (water, air and electricity) to all areas of the mill.
- Responsible for environmental compliance in terms of opacity and water quality.
- Manage department budget spend and initialize capital projects.
Manages customer product and delivery needs; acts as primary contact with customer, sales, marketing and mill personnel.
- Primary customer contact for assigned accounts
- Tracks customer orders through entire process, (order entry, manufacture, shipment and delivery,); ensures customer satisfaction and on-time deliveries.
- Assists in the assembling, analysing and distribution of monthly customer volume
- Implements and oversees product and customer offsite inventory programs as needed to meet market/customer needs and maintain targeted levels
- Manages input of sales orders utilizing Continuous Replenishment Process (CRP), Electronic Data Information (EDI), phone or email
- Analyses order/shipment data for monthly financial forecast as well as providing customer order history to assist sales with evaluation of customer ordering needs to identify areas that need attention.
- Performs weekly review of shipment history and provides updated monthly forecast to accounting where applicable.
Responsible for the management of the maintenance at mill with focus on predictive/preventive maintenance and machine reliability. May also be responsible for engineering function at some locations.
- Manages site maintenance group and engineering staff (PCIS where applicable).
- Provides positive role model for all mill personnel in the area of safety, quality and productivity.
- Provides guidance, instruction and mentoring for the maintenance and engineering staff.
- Directs maintenance prioritization, planning and execution for the site.
- Prepares facility maintenance and engineering budgets, capital budget process for plant equipment and allocation of major construction and maintenance projects between contractors and maintenance.
- Manages the mill capital and major project activities, including coordinating outside contractors, budgets, and milestones.
- Leads the safety effort for the maintenance and engineering staff.
This role is responsible for providing HR support and consultation within our manufacturing operations. Acting as a liaison between departments and leadership, performs a variety of human resources responsibilities that may include recruiting, selection, and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and benefits. Under general direction, provides labor relations support. Identifies and participates in human resource policy and program development in partnership with senior consultants and other human resource staff.
- Is a contributing key member of the local HR team providing support for Human Resources activities for hourly and salaried employees at the site
- Functions as a business partner to superintendents, assistant superintendents and supervisors, providing subject matter advice and coaching as appropriate.
- Manages performance management and accountability systems for assigned hourly employees; coaches and supports operations leaders in addressing performance issues. Address performance issues promptly.
- Advises and assists operations leaders in implementing human resource programs, policies, and activities, such as recruitment and employment, training, communication, continuous improvement and work design.
- Participates in cross-functional teams responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives and policies.
- Supports the leadership and coaching culture throughout the mill; demonstrating behaviors consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment
- Acts as a day–to-day a resource and point of contact to management and employees on issues that arise by consistently interpreting, applying and administering company policies and labor contracts including timely resolution of employee complaints and grievances.
- Assists in conducting thorough investigations of grievances, other employee issues and contract compliance. Ensure consistency of disciplinary actions.
- Provides advice and assistance to managers on first and second step grievances. Briefs and participate with HR Manager in third step grievances and arbitrations.
- Tracks and maintains all relevant issues for grievance resolution.
- Supports the negotiations process by assisting in the company’s efforts to identify potential and resolve labor issues prior to the grievance process.
- Assists HR Leadership with development of training programs; leads and participates in the presentations across multiple audiences.
- Utilizes established talent acquisition process and tools to attract, retain and develop the diverse talent pipeline for the Mill, focused primarily on hourly roles and entry-level salaried roles, conducting internal and external recruitment as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientations and general on-boarding.
Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the development of department and division policies for hourly workforce.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes or implementation on policies, practices and procedures to all hourly employees.
Operational and Strategic Leadership & Partnership
- Collaborate with mill leadership team to ensure HR objectives and location strategic objectives are aligned with the division’s strategic and operational business objectives positioning the mill to deliver financial objectives and customer value through quality and service
- Provide leadership through understanding of key financial and operational business metrics and proactively monitoring shifting trends; collaborating with the operations team to remain competitive; develop countermeasures to respond to shifting production and operation demands and market conditions
- Ensure leadership culture and coaching for performance success is cascaded throughout the facility demonstrating behaviours consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment
- Change management leader with strong emphasis on operations and productivity improvements
- Serve as a member in collaboration with corporate staff, division team in functional and business projects in support of personal and organizational development
- Collaborate with and coach mill leadership team to develop and implement positive employee labor relations strategies consistent with Clearwater Paper Values; comply with legal requirements and promote positive employee relations
- Coordinate and monitor all compensation, benefit, talent systems and practices are applied consistently within corporate guidelines and in a firm fair consistent manner
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to business on employee/labor relations matters; coordinating legal activity with Corporate Legal and outside counsel
- Preserve union free settings provide subject matter advise and coaching to employees and managers as appropriate
- Collaborate with mill leadership team; champion employee engagement action plans in response to employee engagement survey; proactively develop and monitor employee engagement action plans and key indicators of employee engagement (i.e turnover, internal movement, overtime etc)
Talent & Organizational Development
- Collaborate with HR Leadership team by providing voice of field to assist with and identify priorities for human resources programs, policies and activities throughout the function fostering consistency with business strategies
- Lead the execution and operationalization of Talent Management programs within manufacturing site; proactively coach mill leadership team to assess and develop robust plans for Talent Acquisition and Talent Development plans for mill operations (Succession Planning, Individual Development Plans, Performance Managements, Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition)
- Coach direct reports execute Talent Management programs (performance accountabilities, individual development, career development)
- Actively engage with Talent Acquisition Partner and hiring managers to ensure KPIs for talent acquisition are meeting expectations of the organization; collaborates with TA Director/Partner on strategy to develop diverse talent pipelines for both short and medium term needs across the business.
- Develop and execute proactive partnerships within local, regional community to meet skill tradecrafts needs (maintenance, electricians, etc.)
- Coach mill leadership on execution of CLW annual compliance requirements; support national training (i.e. Competency, Interviewer); identify and develop location needs; collaborate with HRD for support
Customer Development & Advocacy
- Attend customer meetings as subject matter expert on company initiatives, strategic positioning, promotional effectiveness, funding support, and pricing negotiations.
- Account lead on strategic accounts determined by sales leadership team
- Expert in market dynamics, and in positioning Clearwater with current and potential customers in a way that creates mutual sustainable value.
- Engage customer stakeholders in a 2 up/2 out/2 down approach to insure Clearwater engagement protects and builds on value creation for future benefit.
- Contribute to the overall organizational knowledge of customer requirements in a way that is managed for success and cross-organization alignment.
- Proactively develops, supports and monitors the sales funnel for opportunities and risks mitigation requirements.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging accounts in conjunction with field reports. Provide a management level point of view for key customers. Builds and maintains strong customer relationships.
Consultative approach to Markets and Customers
- Act as the internal voice of the customer representing Clearwater customers to ensure awareness of strategies, objectives, and expectations.
- Develop productive relationships with marketing to share meaningful input with a management-level point of view and become a welcomed, respected partner.
- Work with product, category and market management to ensure market level strategic and tactical level business objectives aligned with retailers/accounts are met by team.
Sales Force Effectiveness & Cross Team Contributions
- Lead and support end-to-end sales process for CPD division including prospecting, RFQs, negotiating, on-boarding, forecasting, ROI promotional analysis, and account planning through Large Account Management Process (LAMP) engagement.
- Establish productive relationships with peers and strong internal company relationships built on integrity, support and respect.
The VP, Internal Audit leads a team of two with a dual reporting relationship to the SVP, CFO and the Board of Directors Audit Committee. The role brings an independent and disciplined approach in planning, executing, testing internal control measures for operational, IT, and compliance audits minimizing a publically traded company’s fiscal risk exposure. The internal audit department functions as a critical linkage between the business and its external audit firm in evaluating and testing management controls and financial statement balances. A member of the Finance leadership team; this role collaborates across the enterprise in developing countermeasures both operationally and financially to minimize risk and to revise and update controls including the evolving technology landscape.
Audit Leadership, Execution and Reporting
- Plan, develop and execute audit plans aligned with Institute of Internal Audit Standards in all aspects of a manufacturing and commercially focused business inclusive of enabling functions (IT, HR, Finance, Procurement, etc.)
- Lead development and communication of audit plans, audit findings, management action plans, and monitoring activities to the Audit Committee and internal business partners
- Report on routine financial controls testing – SOX (Quarterly, Semi Annual, Annual) to CEO, CFO
- Coordinate and manage critical partnerships (i.e. external audit firms) in support of external audit requirements
- Maintain current education and awareness of evolving external factors impacting operational, financial, and technology reporting and control measures
- Coach and develop team of internal auditors; support ongoing professional development consistent with Clearwater Paper values; promote positive employee relations
- Communicate requirements (budget, resources, etc.) to CEO & CFO as well as BOD Audit Committee
- Allocate resources, assigning and reviewing audit team’s work for standard conformance, budget, time schedules and commitments
- Recommend, lead and support process improvements and collaborate with internal departments to bring about solutions that are operationally sustainable to ensure strong internal controls
- Lead team in coordination with independent auditors to minimize external spend while achieving audit requirements
- Collaborate companywide to train and inform functional and operational leaders at all levels in business risks and offer suggestions to mitigate risk
- Support and deploys Clearwater’s safety strategy with a strong sense of ownership.
- Establish strategic direction of the paper mill operation, with the understanding of the current state, the desired future state, and develops and executes plans and strategies to close the gaps.
- Drive excellence by actively supporting and challenging the team to achieve record breaking results.
- Provide strategic leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
- Drive Clearwater’s continuous improvement strategies that yield sustainable results.
- Develop and control operating budget and expenses for the department.
- Recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes to improve productivity and efficiency for all capital projects.
- Develop and coach direct reports to ensure bench strength and leadership skills.
- Lead the execution and operationalization of Talent Management programs; proactively coach leadership teams to assess and develop robust plans for Talent Acquisition and Development plans for business and functional leadership.
- Actively engage with Talent Acquisition Partners and hiring managers to ensure KPIs for talent acquisition are meeting expectations of the organization; collaborates with Talent Acquisition Director/Partners on strategy to develop diverse talent pipelines are aligned with business strategy to meet both short and medium term needs across the organization.
- Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of the business, trends and needs; benchmarking internal and external environment to improve HR initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Lead the enterprise journey to increase overall leadership capability (i.e. Competencies); Develop and deploy organization development programs from early/emerging talent through executive development to accelerate organization leadership capabilities.
- Develop and deploy nationwide programs, processes and training to accelerate a performance driven culture (i.e. Annual Performance Reviews, Goal Setting and Cascading)
- Lead nationwide Employee Engagement Survey process from vendor selection to deployment to result reporting and action planning.
- Develop, align, communicate, and drive adherence to the Company's Human Resources policies, processes and procedures.
CORPORATE STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNER
- Strategic partner to corporate leaders and respective teams inclusive of: Finance, Information Technology, Purchasing, Legal, and Human Resources, to deliver business objectives by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Ensure leadership culture and coaching for performance success is cascaded throughout the business; demonstrating behaviors consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment.
- Provide leadership through understanding of key financial, operational business metrics and monitoring shifting trends to remain competitive within industry; develop countermeasures to respond to shifting market conditions.
- Change management leader with strong emphasis on functional processes and productivity improvements.
- Exercise courage and versatility through coaching opportunities with senior executives and provide guidance in how they can be most effective in their role and within the organization.
- Act as key leader in collaboration with corporate staff in any reorganization, workforce reduction, acquisition or divestiture.
- Manage office services for the Spokane and corporate teams.
Coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly production employees to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining safety and quality.
- Provide information and training for crew on all equipment and processes in area of responsibility.
- Maintain personnel records and execute performance evaluations on employees.
- Assess the needs of the crew and implement developmental processes (e.g., coaching, counselling, taking corrective action, mentoring, etc.) to continuously improve their performance.
- Lead crew meetings and implement action items for improvement.
- Lead crew in Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Assign tasks and follow up with crew when necessary to ensure that work is completed on schedule.
- Identify and correct any potential problems (troubleshooting) and take appropriate action necessary to prevent serious equipment failure.
- Plan effective use of available resources and assist in the development of process, design and operational improvements.
- Identify possible cost savings in all areas of operation.
- Assure quality of production.
- Instruct and lead crew in safe work practices in pursuit of zero injuries.
- Provide information and training on Occupational Safety Health Association rules and regulations and additional site procedures.
- Verify that all safety and environmental recordkeeping is completed in a timely manner and maintained.
- Maintain a clean and kept work environment conducive to safe work habits and encourage employee accountability.