This role is responsible for providing HR support and consultation within our manufacturing operations. Acting as a liaison between departments and leadership, performs a variety of human resources responsibilities that may include recruiting, selection, and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and benefits. Under general direction, provides labor relations support. Identifies and participates in human resource policy and program development in partnership with senior consultants and other human resource staff.
- Is a contributing key member of the local HR team providing support for Human Resources activities for hourly and salaried employees at the site
- Functions as a business partner to superintendents, assistant superintendents and supervisors, providing subject matter advice and coaching as appropriate.
- Manages performance management and accountability systems for assigned hourly employees; coaches and supports operations leaders in addressing performance issues. Address performance issues promptly.
- Advises and assists operations leaders in implementing human resource programs, policies, and activities, such as recruitment and employment, training, communication, continuous improvement and work design.
- Participates in cross-functional teams responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives and policies.
- Supports the leadership and coaching culture throughout the mill; demonstrating behaviors consistent with company values of Character, Collaboration, Communication, and Commitment
- Acts as a day–to-day a resource and point of contact to management and employees on issues that arise by consistently interpreting, applying and administering company policies and labor contracts including timely resolution of employee complaints and grievances.
- Assists in conducting thorough investigations of grievances, other employee issues and contract compliance. Ensure consistency of disciplinary actions.
- Provides advice and assistance to managers on first and second step grievances. Briefs and participate with HR Manager in third step grievances and arbitrations.
- Tracks and maintains all relevant issues for grievance resolution.
- Supports the negotiations process by assisting in the company’s efforts to identify potential and resolve labor issues prior to the grievance process.
- Assists HR Leadership with development of training programs; leads and participates in the presentations across multiple audiences.
- Utilizes established talent acquisition process and tools to attract, retain and develop the diverse talent pipeline for the Mill, focused primarily on hourly roles and entry-level salaried roles, conducting internal and external recruitment as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientations and general on-boarding.
Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the development of department and division policies for hourly workforce.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes or implementation on policies, practices and procedures to all hourly employees.