Clearwater Paper Corporation (NYSE: CLW) is a $1.8B company that manufactures quality consumer tissue, away from home tissue, parent role tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at its 15 manufacturing and converting locations across the nation.
· Sets objectives and goals cascaded and aligned to the site Integrated Business Plan (IBP)
· Lead TPM and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Coaches the business unit in the right behaviors.
· Ensures the business unit works to standards (Safety, Quality, …)
· Develops the required standards
· Coaches and facilitate losses elimination by using problem solving tools
· Assures the problems are solved (root cause) and tasks are implemented in a sustainable way
· Accountable for the business unit operational budget
· Defines and executes improvement projects and Approval For Capital Expenditure (AFCE) needs to support midterm plans
· Owns the Daily Operating Revenue (DOR)/Weekly Operating Revenue (WOR)
· Ensures effective communication and results review through the meeting sequence (Shift Hand Off [SHO], DOR, WOR)
· Responsible for day to day area safety and assist with all area safety efforts.
· Participate or review all safety incidents and investigate root cause. Assure follow-up items are completed in a timely manner.
· Help support all safety programs and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
· Lead safety initiatives and provide safety training to ensure safe work practices are followed and enforced.
· Work to eliminate employee interactions with equipment.
· Address safety concerns with a strong urgency.
· Ensure environmental compliance.
· Maintain and improve quality standards for all products produced.
· Lead quality initiatives and supports change to ensure satisfied downstream customers.
· Follow up with the rejected/obsolete product to ensure timely disposition.
· Mentor Team Leaders to ensure quality leadership of hourly personnel.
· Provide leadership coverage during the Superintendent’s absence.
· Conduct investigations of safety incidents with Team Leaders and hourly personnel.
· Develop team in areas of production, safety, quality and overall plant efficiency.
· Ensure employee compliance with schedules, policies and procedures.
· Assist in developing and implementing job-specific training program, Qual-card and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
· Support capital budget process.
· Creates an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team work
· Communication of Site IBP and cascading objectives and priorities into the business unit
· Responsible for performance management process (DRIVE performance and coaching 1:1)
· Coaches and develop team members and individuals to assure a sustained leadership pipeline
· Responsible for the motivation and morale of the business unit to achieve the expected goals
· Collaborates with other areas internal and external to the site
Required education and related experience:
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):