Clearwater Paper is seeking an experienced Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer to plan, organize, and deliver technical solutions. Responsibilities of this position include developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data and telecommunications systems. The ideal candidate will have project management experience and excel in execution.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations, including process improvement and security features; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware
- Coordinate and collaborate with infrastructure engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of network resources to meet business demands
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-en integrated systems
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments
- Recommend and execute modifications to LAN and WAN infrastructure in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate with fellow technologist and IT senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans
- Ensure new and existing IT projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans
- Negotiate and approve purchases of Network hardware in support of procurement and development efforts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts
- Ensure proper performance of local and wide area networks
- Plan and direct implementation of network equipment upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Review and sign-off on all infrastructure and systems performance tests. Set direction for improvement
- Review test system performance statistics and reports; initiate corrective action as needed
- Provide technical consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Intelligence, Business Alignment, Development, and PMO groups.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
- Assist with network and video hardware configuration and installation as required
- Assist with telephony support as required