Required education and related experience:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend basic English
- Minimum of 4 years of solid, direct industrial maintenance mechanic experience. Along with experience, Journeyman State certification or Industrial Maintenance degree is preferred and will be taken into consideration first. Industrial Maintenance degree will be considered in lieu of experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work at heights, in pits and in confined spaces
- Experienced in working with computerized maintenance system preferred.
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Tissue machines and converting equipment; folded machines and/or experienced in troubleshooting and performing maintenance on packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Blueprint reading
- Hand and power tools
- Equipment installation
- Power transmission
- Air compressors
- Clutches and brakes
- Pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders
- Machine repair and troubleshooting
- Mechanical aptitude
- Written and oral communication
- Basic electrical knowledge a plus
Must be willing and able to work a rotating swing shift OR a straight shift position on first, second, or third shift. Ability to work holidays, overtime and weekends if needed.